Posts tagged GOP
Posts tagged GOP
bain capital has bought the electronic voting machines that will calculate millions of votes in ohio. how is that ethical or LEGAL?!!?
. @mittromney how is it legal for a company that YOU own to buy machines that will calculate votes in an election where YOU are a candidate?
everyone retweet this NOW.
So Mitt Romney’s baby Bain capital owns this company (Romney currently personally holds their stock as well) Sensata, based in Bainport, IL, shipped in replacement workers from China to be trained by current employees. These employees will lose their jobs by the end of the year.
They also visited Romney’s campaign headquarters in Wisconsin to hand deliver an appeal to save their jobs.
The Romney campaign locked them out first.
Then they called the cops on them. Because wanting to deliver a frigging letter to a Presidential candidate, appealing to him to not send your job to China is apparently a criminal offense.
This needs to spread like wildfire.
Reblog widely please.
I’d say he was “infamous” rather than “famous”.
Profile of the sociopath. Not trying to armchair-diagnose, but…it’s worth a look.
Jon Stewart tells it like it is. A great clip. If you haven’t seen it, WATCH IT.
This may be the best thing I have ever watched in my entire life.
I generally prefer Colbert to TDS, but when Jon brings it, THAT SHIT IS FUCKING BROUGHT.
OH MY GOD I HAD SEEN PART OF THIS BUT I JUST WATCHED ALL OF IT AND OMG I LOVE YOU JON STEWART
Oh my god. This is one of the best takedowns I have ever seen. Ever.
MAKE LOVE TO ME, I CANNOT EVEN
everybody, and I mean, everybody should watch this
I will reblog this every time I see it because fuck yes so relevant.
“Legitimate Rape” Pharmaceutical Ad (TW) (by Legitimate RapeAd)
Mitt Romney’s Slogan, “Keep America American” was the same slogan used by the KKK in 1922…
WOW HOLY SHIT
Holy fucking shit.
I think everyone needs to know about this.
This is now the third area in which Romney has refused to share specifics on the explicit grounds that so doing would be bad politically for him. Romney has repeatedly said he won’t release his tax returns because Democrats will find things in them to attack. And he has vowed to eliminate whole government agencies, but has confirmed that he won’t specify which ones precisely because his failed Senate bid taught him that getting too specific puts him at risk of losing. As Jonathan Chait has written, this is akin to saying: “One of the things I have found in previous elections is that announcing my plans makes people want to vote against me.”
Do your job, media.
Do your job, reporters.
Do your job, cable news.
Do your job, newspapers.
Inform voters clearly and without the “both sides do it” false equivalency, that the Romney campaign is deliberately hiding what a Romney presidency would mean for the country, because the campaign knows that they will lose if voters find out their actual policy plans.
It is absolutely staggering to me that it is possible in this country for a person seeking to be the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES can completely hide everything that person would do if elected and expect voters to be totally fine with that.
The cable news and national network news programs have a responsibility to clearly explain this to voters: Mitt Romney won’t tell you what he plans to do if you elect him, because he believes that if you knew, you wouldn’t vote for him.
That’s just astonishing to me.
These are the best (worst) GOP rape quotes I could find - but message me if you have more. Let’s hold these people accountable.
1. Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down” - mid 2012 Senate Campaign
2. Claytie Williams: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” - mid 1990 Gubernatorial race in Texas
3. Chuck Winder: “I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” - March 2012
4. Ken Buck: “A jury could very well conclude that this is a case of buyer’s remorse … It appears to me … you invited him over… the appearance is of consent.” -October 2010
5. Rick Santorum: “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January, 2012
U.S. Congressman Todd Akin recently claimed that homosexuality can be cured by 4 weeks of live breastfeeding.